Folio Network Terms of Service
This page is currently only available in English.
- By accessing the website at http://folio.network, operated by the Danger Science Limited group of companies (“DSG”) dba Folio Network, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use Licence
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Folio Network website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a licence, not a transfer of title, and under this licence you may not:
- modify or copy the materials, except materials which form part of your personal portfolio page;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial), except materials which form part of your personal portfolio page;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Folio Network website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by DSG at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this licence, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on the Folio Network website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. DSG makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, DSG does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Charges and payment
- Payment methods include the following credit, debit or charge cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express.
- Folio Network does not accept cheques, bank transfers, direct debits, postal orders, cash or any other form of payment other than those outlined above.
- The charges are exclusive of VAT, which if payable shall be paid by the customer. At the time of writing, DSG (dba Folio Network) is not obligated to charge the customer VAT.
- DSG shall be entitled to charge interest in respect of late payment of any sum due under this agreement, which shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at a rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England from time to time in force.
- DSG does not provide credit facilities.
- Pro-rata refunds will not be issued for yearly services that are cancelled before the end of the year.
- Should your chosen payment method fail, DSG will attempt to settle your invoice using any other payment facilities available on your account.
- All services will renew until cancelled by the customer. It is the customer's responsibility to cancel services prior to renewal as no refund can be made once renewal has occurred. Customers must notify us at least 72 hours before a service is renewed if they wish to cancel that service. The cancellation process must be fully completed by you before your account is cancelled.
- Service levels and data backup
- DSG shall use its reasonable endeavours to make the server and the services available to the customer 100% of the time but because the services are provided by means of computer and telecommunications systems, DSG makes no warranties or representations that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free and DSG shall not, in any event, be liable for interruptions of service or downtime of the server.
- DSG carries out data backups for use by DSG in the event of systems failure. DSG do not provide data restoration facilities for individual customers. Even though every effort is made to ensure data is backed up correctly, DSG accepts no responsibility for data loss or corruption.
- Acceptable Use Policy
The website and use of the services may be used for lawful purposes only and the customer may not submit, publish or display any content that breaches any law, statute or regulation. In particular the customer agrees not to:
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate defamatory, obscene, indecent or other unlawful material or information, or any material or information which infringes any intellectual property rights (for the avoidance of doubt this includes licensed software distributed as Warez), via the services or on the website;
- threaten, abuse, disrupt or otherwise violate the rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- engage in illegal or unlawful activities through the services or via the website;
- make available or upload files to the website or to the services that the customer knows contain a virus, worm, trojan or corrupt data; or
- obtain or attempt to obtain access, through whatever means, to areas of DSG's network or the services which are identified as restricted or confidential.
- The customer has full responsibility for the content of the website. For the avoidance of doubt, DSG is not obliged to monitor, and will have no liability for, the content of any communications transmitted by virtue of the services.
- If the customer fails to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy outlined above, DSG shall be entitled to withdraw the services and terminate the customer's account without notice.
- Domain name registration
- Domain names are not deemed to be successfully registered until they appear in the relevant WHOIS database of the top level domain name registrar. In the event that a domain name is unavailable when we attempt to register it, DSG will provide a full refund for that domain name, unless the domain name is included with the customer's services at no additional cost.
- Mail boxes
- Mail boxes not accessed for 100 days or more may be deleted from the system.
- In no event shall DSG or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Folio Network website, even if DSG or a DSG authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Accuracy of materials
- The materials appearing on the Folio Network website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. DSG does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. DSG may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However DSG does not make any commitment to update the materials.
- DSG has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by DSG of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
- DSG may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
- Governing Law
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in these countries.
Folio Network was built in the United Kingdom and United States. Folio Network is a trading name of Danger Science Limited, registered in England and Wales at the address above. Company number 11150452.
Last Edited on 2018-03-24